Sea Gate Beach 4, anti-aircraft battery foundations

The two concrete structures in the photograph are World War II era foundations for anti-aircraft batteries. In the 1940's, when the foundations were constructed, the sand level reached nearly to the top of the structures. Beach filling operations in 1995 restored the beach to those levels.



© Coney Island History Project | Contact Us | Visit Us on Flickr | Login/Register