Photography collection

The Thunderbolt roller coaster was built in 1925 and operated until 1982. Famous as the inspiration for "The House Under the Roller Coaster" in Woody Allen's film "Annie Hall", the coaster steadily decayed after its closing. In 2000, with Keyspan...
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph
The Surf Avenue Childs Restaurant was built in 1917.
Child's Restaurant at Surf Avenue and West 12th Street.
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: B/W photograph
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph
Photograph by © Charles Denson Jimmy McCullough, former owner of the B&B Carousell, poses with his wife and daughters in front of the historic ride. Built in 1919 at the Coney Island factory of William Mangels, the B&B Carousell was the...
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph
The Wonder Wheel has been continuously operational since its completion in 1920. It is currently owned and operated by the Vourderis family.
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph