Photography collection

Lane's Irish House
Lane's Irish House, West 15th Street and Bowery
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Photograph
Deborah Moody House
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph
Manufacturers photo of kiddie Fire Engine ride control box. Date unknown.
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Manufacturer photograph
The Thunderbolt roller coaster was built in 1925 and operated until 1982. Famous as the inspiration for "The House Under the Roller Coaster" in Woody Allen's film "Annie Hall", the coaster steadily decayed after its closing. In 2000, with Keyspan...
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph
The Surf Avenue Childs Restaurant was built in 1917.
Child's Restaurant at Surf Avenue and West 12th Street.
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: B/W photograph
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph
Photograph by © Charles Denson Jimmy McCullough, former owner of the B&B Carousell, poses with his wife and daughters in front of the historic ride. Built in 1919 at the Coney Island factory of William Mangels, the B&B Carousell was the...
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph
The Wonder Wheel has been continuously operational since its completion in 1920. It is currently owned and operated by the Vourderis family.
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph
Affordable housing stock built by the Astella Development Corporation
The Astella Development Corporation formed in response to urban renewal projects in Coney Island. Originally a neighborhood group concerned about the City's plans to raze their mostly Italian neighborhood, Astella officially became a Development...
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph