Documentary photograph

Photograph copyright Abe Feinstein
Stillwell Avenue subway station from the sidewalk
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph
The Wonder Wheel has been continuously operational since its completion in 1920. It is currently owned and operated by the Vourderis family.
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph
In 2002 the Parachute Jump was disassembled for a thorough structural rehabilitation and repainting. Sections of the Jump were placed in the parking lot of Keyspan Park for sand blasting, painting and member replacement. This photograph is looking...
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph
People, people, people -- more than a million of them according to police officials -- jam Coney Island Beach, New York City, and adjoining amusement park on Fourth of July holiday. (penned by Assoicated Press Photo)
Crowds fill Coney Island Beach on the Fourth of July holiday in 1957.
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph
Photograph copyright Abe Feinstein
Front of Stillwell Avenue Subway Station
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph
Photograph copyright Abe Feinstein
In 1941, Robert Moses closed the Castle Clinton location of the New York Aquarium and, after an $11 million relocation process, the Aquarium re-opened in Coney Island in 1957. This picture was taken in October 1979 by Coney Island resident and...
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph
In 2002 the Parachute Jump was disassembled for a thorough structural rehabilitation and repainting. Sections of the Jump were placed in the parking lot of Keyspan Park for sand blasting, painting and member replacement. This photograph shows tower...
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph
Thunderbolt Demolition
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph
Photograph copyright Abe Feinstein
In 1941, Robert Moses closed the Castle Clinton location of the New York Aquarium and, after an $11 million relocation process, the Aquarium re-opened in Coney Island in 1957. This picture was taken in August 1963 by Coney Island resident and...
Content type: Collection Item
Collection type: Documentary photograph